In FINAL FANTASY XIV, sufficient mastery of a class will open up the path to one or more related jobs and their respective actions.
To learn more about job actions, traits, and job gauges, check out the section below.
High in HP and trained in defense, a tank serves as the party's shield. Skilled at keeping a foe's attention and bearing the brunt of enemy attacks.
Healers use restorative arts to mend wounded companions. They can also help to mitigate damage, remove detrimental effects, and even bring fallen allies back to life.
View PvP Actions
Melee DPS are close-range attackers. Focused on combos and careful positioning to inflict the maximum amount of damage.
Physical Ranged DPS
Physical ranged DPS attack foes from a distance. They excel at inflicting sustained damage, and also provide support for companions.
Magical Ranged DPS
Magical ranged DPS attack foes using a variety of arcane arts. Movement is restricted by casting times, but they excel at inflicting high burst damage.
Previous Patch Adjustments
Patch 6.4 Adjustments Overview
After a careful review of job balance within each role, we have adjusted the potency of actions for several jobs in Patch 6.4. We have also increased the effect radius of abilities that increase damage dealt and reduce damage taken by party members. This adjustment should make party support easier in high-end duties.
- The potencies of certain paladin actions were increased to keep in line with other tank jobs. Paladin's Atonement was also changed to no longer interrupt combos, which should make it easier for players to adjust their combat rotations.
- The potencies of certain warrior actions were increased to keep in line with other tank jobs. To help reduce the number of statuses applied to targets in combat, the two effects of Vengeance have been consolidated into a single status effect.
- The potencies of certain gunbreaker actions were increased to keep in line with other tank jobs.
- System-side adjustments have been made to Jump and High Jump so that, while the attack animations will show players jumping into the air and striking enemies from above, the server will not recognize these actions as character movement. Following this change, players can now execute Jump and High Jump even when bound. Situations where players accidentally enter hazardous areas or land outside of battle stages because of jumping should also be reduced.
Dragon Sight has also been adjusted, allowing the user to ignore directional requirements when executing actions. This should alleviate situations where players wish to use True North to deal with battle mechanics, but may miss burst windows as a result.
- The potencies of certain samurai actions were increased to keep in line with other melee DPS jobs. The effective range of Tenka Goken was changed in Patch 6.1, but because Iaijutsu require players to stand still to execute them, we have decided to increased the range of Tenka Goken, making it easier to strike enemies.
- The potencies of certain black mage actions were increased to keep in line with other magical ranged DPS jobs. Much like Patch 6.28, we did not want adjustments to have significant effects on black mage rotations, so we focused on increasing the effectiveness of Xenoglossy and the trait Enhanced Enochian III.
- The potencies of certain white mage actions were increased to keep in line with other healer jobs.
- The potencies of certain sage actions were increased to keep in line with other healer jobs.