Home World Transfer Service
After reading the guidelines below, please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station (https://sqex.to/Msp) to use the Home World Transfer Service.
* Before beginning the Home World transfer process, you must first log out of and exit the game client.
About the Home World Transfer Service
By using the Home World Transfer Service, players can move characters on their service accounts from one Home World to another.
A single character from their service account can be transferred from one Home World to another. If the transfer requirements are met, multiple characters can also be transferred simultaneously from one Home World to another.
On World Classifications
Depending on the circumstances, Worlds will be categorized in one of four ways. Please note that the Home World Transfer Service changes depending on the World's classification.
The World classifications are:
New World: A recently added World. Players who transfer to or create new characters on designated New Worlds will receive special bonuses.
Congested World: A crowded, highly populated World. Cannot be selected for new character creation or Home World Transfer destinations.
Standard World: Inhabited by a manageable number of player characters.
Preferred World: Relatively sparsely populated World with room to spare. Players who transfer to or create new characters on these Worlds will receive special bonuses.
* Characters in any of the following situations will not be able to utilize the Home World Transfer service until 90 days have elapsed:
- Characters transferred to a New World
- Characters created on a New World
- Characters transferred from a Congested World to a Preferred World
- Characters created on a Preferred World
World classifications will change over time depending on the population of each server. Please refer to the official site for the latest information.
Home World Transfer bonus incentives may also be subject to change in the future.
Home World Transfer Service Fee
£12 / 14,00 € per transfer
Transfers to New Worlds: Free
Transfers from Congested Worlds to Preferred Worlds: Free
Using the Home World Transfer Service
Last Update: -
Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility
The following requirements must be met in order to change a character’s Home World from one World to another:
- You must be the owner of the Square Enix account using the service.
You must have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Free Trial accounts, accounts participating in a Free Login Campaign, or accounts that are currently suspended are not eligible.
- Three days must have elapsed since the Home World Transfer Service was last used on the service account.
- You must be logged out of the game.
- Your character cannot be enlisted in a free company, holding a free company petition, signed to a free company petition, or applying to join a free company.
- Your character cannot have items for sale on the market.
- Your character cannot have items entrusted to the Calamity Salvager NPC.
- Your character must rehire any retainers carried over from Version 1.0.
- Your character must be logged out while outside of any instanced areas.
- Your character cannot have made reservations for a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding.
- Your character cannot be currently undertaking the quest The Ties that Bind.
- Your character and its retainers cannot be in possession of a blank invitation from an Eternal Bonding ceremony that has not taken place yet.
- Your character must not own any land, estate, or apartment housing.
* Ownership must be relinquished before a Home World Transfer will be possible.
* It is normally ONLY possible to perform a Home World Transfer without relinquishing ownership IF your character is transferring to a New World, or transferring from a Congested World to a Preferred World.
* Please note, some campaigns have specific requirements that override these general rules.
In these cases, the land or apartment will be automatically relinquished and a designated amount of gil reimbursed. The maximum amount that can be returned is 999,999,999 gil, and any gil exceeding this limit will be lost. Any existing estate on the land will be demolished.
- In the event that your estate has been automatically relinquished, your character cannot have housing items in the care of the Resident Caretaker NPC.
- In the event that your estate has been automatically relinquished, your character cannot have a chocobo in the care of the Housing Enthusiast NPC.
- Your character cannot be designated as the housemate of anyone on your Friend List.
* If your character is designated as a housemate, your character’s housemate status will be automatically removed.
- Your character must retrieve any optional items purchased via the Online Store from the Delivery Moogle.
- If transferring to a New World, or transferring from a Congested World to a Preferred World, your character must have enough inventory space to receive additional items.
The Home World Transfer Service cannot be used under the following circumstances:
- Your character has been transferred from Version 1.0, but has not logged into a World since the start of official service for FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Your character has yet to complete the quest Close to Home.
- Your character is not displayed on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station's service account selection screen.
* You are required to log out from FINAL FANTASY XIV before newly created characters are reflected on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station. Please note that it may take time for newly created characters to appear after logging out.
- Less than three days have passed since the character to be transferred has been created.
- Your character has transferred to or has been created on a New World, and is currently under the 90 day transfer restriction.
- Your character has transferred from a Congested World or has been created on a Preferred World, and is currently under the 90 day transfer restriction.
- The character to be transferred has a pending name change that has yet to be processed.
- The character to be transferred is currently away from their Home World or has logged out on another World.
* The Home World Transfer Service can be used once your character has returned to their Home World.
Login Restrictions During the Transfer Process
Once you begin the Home World transfer process, you cannot create new characters or log into the game until the transfer is complete. Characters will be transferred in the order applications were submitted. A notification will be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Square Enix account when the Home World transfer is complete.
* Please check your filters to ensure e-mail from the domain name @account.square-enix.com is not sent to your junk mail folder.
* Do not attempt to log in before receiving this notification, as doing so may cause an error in the transfer, prolonging the process.
* Additional time may be required for the Home World transfer to be processed depending on the number of players using this service at the time of your request.
Step 2: Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station
1. Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station (https://sqex.to/Msp) with the Square Enix account containing characters you wish to be transferred.
2. The status of your service account and available characters can be confirmed on the Your Account page.
* In the event you possess multiple service accounts for FINAL FANTASY XIV, please select the tab of the service account containing characters you wish to be transferred.
* The Home World transfer service cannot be used for characters registered to an inactive service account.
3. To begin the application process, select Home World Transfer Service on the Additional Services page.
Step 3: Apply for a Home World Transfer
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Home World transfer process. Please also bear in mind the following before submitting your application:
- There may be instances where your character’s Home World cannot be changed to a specified World.
- A character’s Home World cannot be changed to a World with restrictions on character creation.
- To change your Home World to one belonging to a different data center, you must select your desired destination World and proceed to the in-game character selection screen at least once. From the title screen, select Data Center and choose the data center that houses your desired Home World, then choose Proceed. When the Character Selection screen appears, select World at the upper right and choose your desired World from the list.
* This process is also required if you have not yet created a character on your desired destination World.
- Subscription Type Restrictions
Accounts with entry subscriptions are only allowed one character per World. Therefore, for these accounts, characters cannot be transferred to a World on which a character is already present. With a standard subscription, players are allowed up to eight characters on a single World.
- Characters with the Same Name
In the event your character name has already been chosen by another character on the destination Home World, you will be required to change your character's name when logging in for the first time.
Although the name of your character may be available at the time of application, multiple applications bearing characters with the same name may necessitate the renaming of your character when using this service.
- Retainers with the Same Name
In the event your retainer's name is already being used by another retainer on the destination Home World, you will be required to change your retainer's name when summoning them for the first time. Please be advised that it cannot be determined beforehand if your retainers will require name changes.
- Data Retained After Transfer
The following will be transferred along with your character:
- Friend List (When changing the Home World to another World within the same Data Center. Note that the Friend List will become unavailable upon changing to a Home World on a different Data Center.)
- Your character’s items
* Ceremony invitations for Eternal Bonding ceremonies that have not taken place yet will be rendered invalid if the destination Home World is on a different data center.
- Retainers and all items in their possession
- Moogle letters
* The amount of gil that can be transferred is limited to 999,999,999 gil per character and retainer (including any gil attached to a moogle letter).
- Doman Mahjong rank and ratings.
The following will not be transferred along with your character:
The following data will be updated automatically:
- Character data on the Lodestone
- Blogs and comments on the Lodestone
* Home World transfers will not affect your list of followers and those whom you are following.
- The Home World Transfer Service cannot be used when the Square Enix Account Management System or FINAL FANTASY XIV are undergoing maintenance.
- Questions related to the eligibility of individual characters selected for Home World Transfer cannot be answered by the Square Enix Support Centre.
- In accordance with the fluctuation of character population per World, please be aware that changes to the Home World Transfer Service may occur without prior notice.
- If you should encounter problems when using the Home World Transfer Service, please contact the Square Enix Support Centre. The Square Enix Support Centre cannot assist with certain problems if more than one week has passed since using this service.