As mentioned during the Digital Fan Festival and the recent Letter from the Producer LIVE, belts will no longer be obtainable or equippable following the release of Patch 6.0.
Belt Acquisition and Restrictions
Belts will no longer be obtainable or equippable following the release of Patch 6.0. In light of this change, the Armoury Chest slots allotted to belts will be reallocated to primary weapons and rings. Belt slots on your characters, retainers, and mannequins will also be removed, as well as all belt crafting recipes.
* Achievements that require a certain number of unique recipes completed will require fewer.
* Achievements that require specific pieces of gear to be equipped will no longer require belts.
Unavailable After the Release of Patch 6.0
- Equipping of belts
- Obtaining belts via duties or item exchanges
- Use of coffers containing only belts
- Buying/selling on the market board
- Affixing materia
- Materia extraction
- Repairing belts
- Leve and supply mission turn-ins
- Crafting of belts
* Following the release of Patch 6.0, coffers containing only belts can be sold to shop vendors.
* Belts being sold by retainers prior to the release of Patch 6.0 will remain on the market. Please note, however, you will no longer be able to search for or purchase belts from the market board, and thus will need to remove any belts you have on the market manually.
* Players who possess belts with 100% spirit bond should extract their materia prior to the start of maintenance for Patch 6.0.
* Players who have undertaken but not yet completed leves requiring the submission of belts will be required to submit a different item after the release of Patch 6.0.
Available After the Release of Patch 6.0
- Removal of affixed materia
- Expert delivery mission turn-ins
- Sale to shop vendors
* Affixed materia and signatures on crafted belts will remain as-is.
Belts After Patch 6.0
Although belts can no longer be equipped after Patch 6.0, they will not be removed from the game. However, the following belts will be given to the Calamity salvager, and can be retrieved if you so choose:
Entrusted to Calamity Salvager:
- Equipped belts
- Belts in your Armoury Chest
- Belts equipped by retainers
* Belts equipped by additional retainers whose subscription period has ended will be given to the Calamity salvager. However, the subscription must be renewed before their equipped belts can be retrieved.
Calamity Salvager Locations:
- Limsa Lominsa – Upper Decks (X:11 Y:14)
- Old Gridania (X:9 Y:8)
- Ul’dah – Steps of Thal (X:12 Y:13)
Belts in your personal and retainer inventories, as well as your saddlebag, will remain as-is.
Speed belts obtained from Eureka Pagos can be exchanged for an equivalent ring by speaking with the Calamity salvager in any city.