Patch 4.15 will bring a number of additions and refinements to the realm, including the introduction of the new PvP encounter Rival Wings and Performance Actions.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 4.15
Patch 4.15 contains content that can only be accessed by registering the expansion packs for FINAL FANTASY XIV to your service account. To distinguish between adjustments that are and are not affected by the registration of these expansions, the following notations will be used throughout the patch notes:
- These additions and adjustments only require the purchase of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.
- These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood.
- These additions and adjustments contain elements that may require the purchase and registration of the expansion packs noted above.
Performance Actions have been added, allowing players to create music using the bard job.
Plucking the Heartstrings
- Bard level 30
- Old Gridania (X:10.4 Y:8.4)
- Players must first complete the bard job quest "A Song of Bards and Bowmen."
Using Performance Actions
Performance actions can be registered to your hotbar via the Performance tab of the Actions & Traits interface.
Each action corresponds to one musical note. Use them in combination to create original music.
* Additional instruments and actions will be added in later updates.
When using the performance actions, you are strictly prohibited from performing the music of any third parties. You may record and upload your performance and hereby agree to license such recordings to us for use by Square Enix or others in accordance with the terms of the “FINAL FANTASY XIV Material Usage License.”
Following the implementation of performance actions, the FINAL FANTASY XIV Material Usage License has been updated.
Review the FINAL FANTASY Material Usage License.
New orchestrion rolls have been added.
New challenge log entries have been added.
|Prepare to Dice
Participate in 10 Astragalos campaigns.
|1,000 Wolf Marks|
|Luck Be a Lady Tonight
Lead your alliance to victory in 5 Astragalos campaigns.
|1,000 Wolf Marks|
Wondrous Tails objectives now include Astragalos campaigns.
To improve usability for colorblind players, the color of the icons for astral fire and umbral ice in the simplified black mage job gauge has been adjusted.
The following adjustments have been made to PvP actions:
|Holy Spirit||Potency increased from 1,250 to 1,500.|
|Requiescat||Potency increased from 500 to 1,000.
The effect increasing potency up to 400% has been reduced to 200%.
|Assassinate||Potency now increases up to a maximum of 2,500.|
|Flamethrower||Potency increased from 250 to 500.
Duration reduced from 10 to 5 seconds.
Additional effect potency increased from 250 to 400.
Maximum stacks reduced from 10 to 5.
|Vercure||Healing potency increased from 1,500 to 2,000.|
|Monomachy||Recast time reduced from 45 to 30 seconds.|
|Regen||MP cost increased from 500 to 750.|
|Chain Stratagem||Duration reduced from 6 to 5 seconds.|
The PvP encounter Rival Wings has been added.
Rival Wings is a large-scale PvP battle involving up to 48 combatants. Participants are divided into two teams, the Falcons and the Ravens, comprised of six light parties each.
Patch 4.15 will see the introduction of Astragalos campaigns, large-scale war games incorporating powerful goblin-made machina.
To unlock Rival Wings, players must complete the following quest:
Earning Your Wings
- Disciple of War or Magic level 30
- Wolves' Den Pier (X:5.7 Y:5.4)
- Players must first complete either the quests "A Pup No Longer (Maelstrom)", "A Pup No Longer (Twin Adders)", or "A Pup No Longer (Immortal Flames)".
The rules for Astragalos campaigns are as follows:
|Level Requirement||Job level 30|
|Time Limit||20 minutes|
Participating in Campaigns
Players can queue to enter Astragalos campaigns alone, or in a party of up to four players. There are no role restrictions when queueing as a party.
When participating in Astragalos campaigns, there are no role requirements or restrictions for parties. Moreover, players can freely change jobs at their team's landing.
* The recast time of skills will not be reset when changing jobs.
Preparing for Battle
Rival Wings participants will be placed on one of two teams: the Falcons or the Ravens. Players will then begin the match at their teams' respective landing points. Matches will begin after a 90-second countdown.
The Say, Party, Alliance, Yell, Shout, Free Company, Linkshell, and Novice Network chat channels can be used during Rival Wings.
* Say, Yell, and Shout can only be used with players on the same team.
Incapacitated players will be returned to their landing point, where they will be allowed to rejoin combat after a short delay. Furthermore, players will be invulnerable so long as they remain at their landing point. This effect will be lost upon returning to the battlefield.
Players are free to use mounts during Astragalos campaigns. However, players taking damage while mounted will be inflicted with the Limp status effect.
* Flying mounts cannot be used to fly during Astragalos campaigns. Furthermore, two-person mounts cannot be ridden.
Using Return will teleport players back to their landing point. Moreover, this action has no recast time during Astragalos campaigns. Please note, however, casting will be interrupted by attacks.
Players who abandon an Astragalos campaign (not including players who join a match in progress or are vote kicked) will receive a penalty. Players so penalized will be unable to register for PvP duties for 30 minutes. Players inactive for over a period of two minutes will automatically be removed from play.
Rules of Engagement
The first team to destroy the core located on the opponent's base will be declared the winner. In the event neither team destroys a core, victory will be decided based on each team's remaining number of towers, tower HP, and core HP, in that order.
* In the event these values are the same for both teams, the match will end in a draw.
Each team has a core located at its base, and the chief objective is to destroy the enemy's core. The core is protected by a magitek field eminating from two towers. As such, before you can strike at the core, you must first destroy the towers and deactivate the magitek field.
Each team has two towers that serve to protect their core. Each tower, meanwhile, is enveloped in a magitek field that mitigates damage taken by team members and restores their HP. Players can take advantage of this protection when hard pressed by the opposing team.
Display of Core and Tower HP
A unique UI is used to display the HP of cores and towers. Because each team's core cannot be damaged until their towers are destroyed, only the HP of towers will be displayed at the start of a match. Once the core is exposed, however, its HP will also be displayed.
Players can deploy three types of powerful machina in battle. Before they can be deployed, however, players must obtain Ceruleum (CE). Ceruleum stores can be built up by collecting tanks in the field or defeating enemy team members and mammets up to a maximum of 100 units.
|Means of Procurement||Amount|
|Found on the field||10 units|
|Defeating enemy mammets||10 units|
|Granted by power generators||1 unit per 3 seconds|
Hangar terminals are located near the starting area for each team, from which machina can be deployed.
Accessing a terminal will display a unique UI containing information on available machina.
A next-generation machina ideal for combat against enemy players and machina.
|Required Ceruleum||50 units|
|Maximum Simultaneous Deployment||6|
|Requirements to Deploy||-|
- Spin Crusher
|Effect||Delivers an attack with a potency of 6,000 to all opposing warmachina in a cone before you. 600 when attacking a player, mammet, or object.|
- Laser X Sword
|Effect||Delivers an attack with a potency of 8,000 to all opposing players and warmachina in a cone before you. 800 when attacking a mammet or object.|
- Optical Sight
|Effect||Deals magic damage with a potency of 4,000 to all opposing players and warmachina near point of impact. 400 when attacking a mammet or object.|
A hulking machina engineered for siege warfare, it excels at wreaking havoc upon structures.
|Required Ceruleum||50 units|
|Maximum Simultaneous Deployment||2|
|Requirements to Deploy||-|
- Steam Release
|Effect||Deals magic damage to all opposing players and warmachina nearby with a potency of 1,000. 100 when attacking a mammet or object.
Additional Effect: 15-yalm knockback
- 3000-tonze Missile
|Effect||Deals magic damage with a potency of 200,000 to all objects near point of impact. 2,000 to opposing players, warmachina, or mammets.
Potency decreases the greater the target's distance from point of impact, to a maximum of 30 yalms.
Boasting unrivaled power, Brute Justice dominates opposing players on the battlefield, while also laying waste to structures with its lethal armaments.
|Required Ceruleum||50 units|
|Maximum Simultaneous Deployment||2|
|Requirements to Deploy||Available after losing a tower.|
|Effect||Deals fire damage with a potency of 8,000 to all opposing players and warmachina in a cone before you. 800 when attacking a mammet or object.|
- Double Rocket Punch
|Effect||Deals physical damage with a potency of 40,000 to all objects near point of impact. 4,000 when attacking opposing players, warmachina, or mammets.
Additional Effect: Stun
- Mega Beam
|Effect||Delivers magic damage with a potency of 12,000 to all opposing players and warmachina in a straight line before you. 1,200 when attacking a mammet or object.
Additional Effect: 30-yalm knockback
Only one machina may be operated per party at any given time, regardless of type. In the case of the Opressor, however, the limit is two per team. Two Brute Justices can be deployed by each team per match, one becoming available for each tower you lose.
* After acquiring the required ceruleum, Cruise Chaser and Oppressor can be deployed at any time.
When deploying a machina, its HP will be displayed in place of the player. Its HP cannot be restored by curative actions of teammates, nor will it restore automatically when out of combat. Machina actions will expend EP, a resource that can only be restored by using the Ceruleum Refill action. Be advised that use of this action will deplete your party's ceruleum stores.
- Ceruleum Refill
|Required Ceruleum||25 units|
|Effect||Uses 25 units of ceruleum fuel (CE) to restore 500 EP to currently mounted warmachina.|
A steam cannon has been erected near each team's core. While it cannot be moved, it is a powerful weapon which may prove useful in deterring enemy forces.
|Effect||Deals magic damage with a potency of 6,000 to all opposing players and warmachina near point of impact. 600 when attacking a mammet or object.
Mammets are clockwork soldiers programmed to seek out and destroy towers and cores. They emerge from their own core at regular intervals before striking out on a set route, and will remain in battle for a set duration. Upon detecting an enemy mammet, they will engage and attack until either side is destroyed. Mammets that arrive at an enemy tower or core will perform a powerful self-sacrificing attack. That is the extent of their programming; mammets will not harm adventurers.
These mammets boast high HP and specialize in fighting at close quarters.
These mammets specialize in long range combat with magic-based attacks.
Gaining Ceruleum from Mammets
Parties can gain up to ten units of Ceruleum upon defeating an enemy mammet. These units will be distributed to all parties that engage with the mammet based on the amount of damage inflicted. Ceruleum cannot be gained from damage inflicted by other mammets.
A power generator is located at the center of the map. Combatants from either team can take control of the generator by interacting with it. While the generator is under a team's control, the stores of ceruleum for all of its alliances will gradually replenish.
When you defeat an enemy team member, your party receives the Soaring enhancing effect. This effect can stack up to ten times, increasing all party members' damage dealt and HP restored via healing magic, while also reducing damage taken. However, each time a party member is KO'd, half the party's current number of stacks will be lost and awarded to the party of the opposing team.
Defeat enemy players.
|Increase damage dealt and HP restored via healing magic by 2%, while reducing damage taken by 1%. Effect stacks up to ten times.|
- Gaining stacks of Soaring
- Losing stacks of Soaring
- An icon will also be displayed next to the name of players under the effects of Soaring.
The Soaring effect of other parties on your team can be confirmed via the alliance list.
Rival Wings makes use of a unique UI to display match information such as the deployment of machina by allies or enemy players and the units of ceruleum stored by your party. This UI also displays the number of stacks of Soaring accumulated by your party.
The position of these UI elements can be changed via the HUD Layout interface under System in the main menu.
* These UI elements can only be adjusted while participating in Rival Wings.
The duty list will not be displayed while participating in Rival Wings.
When a campaign has ended, players will receive PvE EXP, PvP EXP, Wolf Marks, and Allagan tomestones.
* Players below level 50 will not receive Allagan tomestones.
Certain keybinds are restricted during Astragalos campaigns while others have been changed.
- Keybinds for cycling through alliance lists will be restricted as follows:
|Cycle through Alliance List (Nearest to Farthest)||Available|
|Cycle through Alliance List (Farthest to Nearest)||Available|
|Cycle through Alliance List 1 (Nearest to Farthest)||Unavailable|
|Cycle through Alliance List 1 (Farthest to Nearest)||Unavailable|
|Cycle through Alliance List 2 (Nearest to Farthest)||Unavailable|
|Cycle through Alliance List 2 (Farthest to Nearest)||Unavailable|
- Keybinds for targeting will be changed as follows:
|Command||Change to Target|
|Party Member 1||Party Member 1|
|Party Member 2||Party Member 2|
|Party Member 3||Party Member 3|
|Party Member 4||Party Member 4|
|Party Member 5||Alliance 1, Party Member 1|
|Party Member 6||Alliance 1, Party Member 2|
|Party Member 7||Alliance 1, Party Member 3|
|Party Member 8||Alliance 1, Party Member 4|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 1||Alliance 2, Party Member 1|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 2||Alliance 2, Party Member 2|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 3||Alliance 2, Party Member 3|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 4||Alliance 2, Party Member 4|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 5||Alliance 3, Party Member 1|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 6||Alliance 3, Party Member 2|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 7||Alliance 3, Party Member 3|
|Alliance 1, Party Member 8||Alliance 3, Party Member 4|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 1||Alliance 4, Party Member 1|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 2||Alliance 4, Party Member 2|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 3||Alliance 4, Party Member 3|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 4||Alliance 4, Party Member 4|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 5||Alliance 5, Party Member 1|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 6||Alliance 5, Party Member 2|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 7||Alliance 5, Party Member 3|
|Alliance 2, Party Member 8||Alliance 5, Party Member 4|
A new item has been added.
|Birds of Prey Orchestrion Roll
|Music roll for Birds of Prey. Use to add to your orchestrion list.|
A new mount has been added.
New achievements and titles have been added.
|Roll the Dice I||Participate in an Astragalos campaign.|
|Roll the Dice II||Participate in an Astragalos campaign 50 times.|
|Roll the Dice III||Participate in an Astragalos campaign 100 times.|
|Roll the Dice IV||Participate in an Astragalos campaign 500 times.|
|Roll the Dice V||Participate in an Astragalos campaign 1,000 times.|
|Die Another Day I||Emerge victorious in an Astragalos campaign.|
|Die Another Day II||Emerge victorious in an Astragalos campaign 50 times.|
|Die Another Day III||Emerge victorious in an Astragalos campaign 100 times.|
|Die Another Day IV||Emerge victorious in an Astragalos campaign 500 times.|
|Die Another Day V||Emerge victorious in an Astragalos campaign 1,000 times.|
Rival Wings will now count toward the completion of certain achievements. Their descriptions have also been adjusted.
|Frontline Fury||Emerge victorious in 10 Frontline or Rival Wings campaigns while using a title received from the disreputable priest.|
|Furious Fatalities||Emerge victorious in a combination of 60 Frontline or Rival Wings campaigns or Feast matches while using a title received from the disreputable priest.|
New phrases have been added to the auto-translation dictionary.
The friend list will now only update the online status of friends on other Worlds when opened for the first time after logging in.
New music has been added.
The listing of victories (rate) and total matches has been removed from the Feast rankings page of the Lodestone.
* Players can view their victories (rate) and total matches via their in-game PvP profile.
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue during the bone dragon fight in the Labyrinth of the Ancients wherein certain mechanics did not function correctly.
- An issue during the Xande fight in Syrcus Tower wherein the effects of Levitation lasted longer than intended under certain conditions.
- An issue in the Feast (8 on 8 - Training) wherein changing jobs would not update the UI accordingly.
- An issue wherein issuing the Engage order would reset squadron members' cooldown timers.
- An issue with casting glamours on squadron members' equipment wherein the player's own equipment was not displayed in the list of items.
- An issue wherein the PVP ninja combos involving Aeolian Edge and Shadow Fang would be interrupted by using the Throwing Dagger action.
- An issue wherein the PVP monk action Riddle of Earth's effect, Earth's Reply, granted the additional effect "Extends Greased Lightning duration to maximum" as per the PvE version of the action, which was not intended.
- An issue wherein display issues occurred when the nomad's coat of casting was equipped by a Roegadyn male.
- An issue wherein display issues occurred when the Far Eastern noble's robe was equipped by a Lalafell.
- An issue wherein using certain commands in the Shirogane residential area without the Stormblood expansion installed would cause the client to force-quit.
- An issue wherein macros to toggle HUD display that are set to the cross hotbar would not function correctly after turning off "Always display cross hotbar."
- An issue wherein cross-world friends could not be added if the blacklist was at its maximum number of players.
- An issue wherein the targeting cursor's size would remain unchanged after selecting 150% or 200% in "High Resolution UI Settings."
- An issue wherein certain client settings would return to default when logging in after the release of patch 4.11. This would occur if the player had never selected one or more of the HUD Layout numbers.
* This fix addresses an issue described in a previous announcement.
Other various issues have also been addressed.
- An issue wherein the display of the pet hotbar cannot be toggled on or off under UI Element Settings in the HUD Layout menu.
* The pet hotbar can be toggled on or off from Hotbar Settings in Character Configuration.
- An issue wherein using a group pose while a visual effect from an emote such as Ritual Prayer is still active causes the visual effect to be displayed incorrectly.