PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign!
Support for the PlayStation®3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV ended on Friday, June 16 with the start of early access for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood.
As thanks to our players for supporting FINAL FANTASY XIV, we are automatically upgrading licenses for the PlayStation®3 version to the PlayStation®4 version. We hope players will take this opportunity to upgrade and enjoy fantastic new adventures in the realm of Eorzea.
Read on for details.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood is scheduled to release in early summer 2017, at which time we will be ending service for the PlayStation®3. In preparation for this, players will have the option of upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version starting Monday, October 17, 2016 until Sunday, December 31, 2017.
About the PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign
For a limited time, players who own FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation®3 will have the option of upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version free of charge.
Moreover, players whose subscription has expired will also be granted fourteen days of free play starting from the day they upgrade to the PlayStation®4 version.
Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to begin the upgrade process.
From Monday, October 17, 2016 to Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Purchase of the PlayStation®4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation®4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation®3 version.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
- Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 until service for the PlayStation®3 is discontinued must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation®4.
- The upgrade campaign is scheduled to begin on October 17, 2016 and end on December 31, 2017.
- Users who purchased the PlayStation®3 Collector's Edition will be upgraded to the PlayStation®4 Collector's Edition automatically.
- Users who registered FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward to their service account are not required to register a second copy when upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
- The fourteen days of free play granted by this campaign are only valid in the event your service account is expired at the time of upgrade. Please be advised that this promotion cannot be used to extend the duration of free play periods granted by other campaigns.
- Please take care when confirming the service account to be upgraded to the PlayStation®4 version, as this process cannot be undone once complete.
- When the upgrade process is complete, you will be issued a promotionproduct code to download the PlayStation®4 version. To register this code, you must sign in on the PlayStation®4 with the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account you used to play on the PlayStation®3. Registering with a new or different SEN account will prevent access to the game from the original SEN account. This may also result in complications when purchasing other products related to FINAL FANTASY XIV on the PlayStation®Store.
- Users will not receive an additional 30-day trial period by upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
- Users who possess multiple service accounts registered to the PlayStation®3 version must complete the upgrade process for each service account individually.
Transferring PlayStation®3 Save Data
Players will also be able to carry over configuration settings including hotbar and macro settings from the PlayStation®3 version.
Learn more about transferring save data.