Two years have passed since artisans across the realm answered the call from the guildmasters of the three city-states to submit fresh and unique furnishing designs. Over that time, these designs and crafts have proven very popular, and numerous items have found their way into homes of many adventurers. The time has come to gather new ideas and the guildmasters have posted another open invite!
What say you, adventurer? Do you have an idea you’ve been bursting to share? A new furnishing you have been dying to place in your own home? This is the time to share them!
Please read through the rules below carefully before entering. By submitting an entry to the contest you confirm that you agree and accept the terms outlined below. Contestants under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of a legal guardian before submitting entries.
You must possess an active FFXIV account at the time of submission and agree to the criteria written below. By submitting an entry, you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions below, and that you are eligible to participate.
Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 3:00 a.m. to Monday, October 7, 2019 at 7:59 a.m. (Pacific Time)
Create a furnishing item you would like for your house!
Any furnishings aside from housing exteriors (roofs, roof decorations, exterior walls, exterior wall decorations, windows, doors, placards, and fences).
The FINAL FANTASY XIV development and operations teams will select the 100 winning entries. Winner announcement is planned to be done via the Lodestone in or around October 2019.
Modern Aesthetics - Strife
* Prize delivery is scheduled in December 2019.
* The prize will be delivered to the character specified during the submission process.
* If an entry is deemed to be excellent, Square Enix may decide to implement it into the game in the future. In such cases, the development team may make adjustments to the design or features of the item. Note that there is no guarantee that winning entries will be implemented into the game.
* Entries that did not win may also be selected for implementation in the future.
How to Enter
Visit the Entry Submission Form to begin the submission process.
Please be sure to fill out all required information and attach the required image of your entry submission. Entries submitted outside of the Submission Form page will not be eligible.
- Character Name
- Home World Name
- The URL of Your Character Profile on Lodestone
- Entry Title
- Brief comment
* Your nickname, entry title, and comment will be publicly posted along with your entry when we announce the winners.
* Other than instances when you are using your real name as your nickname, please do not include personal information such as your name and address in your submission.
- Entrant must create the image using digital graphics software or by capturing a photo of artwork Entrant has created by hand.
- 1-3 images: front design (required), side design (required), and back design (required)
- Optionally, you may provide the following information regarding your design:
- i. Item category name (tabletop, rug, wall-mounted, etc.)
- ii. Material (wood, cloth, leather, etc.)
- iii. Dyeable elements
- iv. Character size comparisons
- v. Other information such as what effects the furnishing may have or colors of light it produces, etc.
- Image format: .jpg or .png (File sizes up to 3MB allowed)
* You may not submit entries with links to images uploaded to online storage websites.
* Please note that you may not be considered for selection if your image resolution is too low or there are other graphical issues present in the image.
* Square Enix may also request additional designs of your entry should it be selected for implementation.
* While you may submit more than one entry during the contest period, please only submit one entry per submission.
- Entries must be an original design created by the person entering the contest.
- Entrants must refrain from posting your entries on blogs or other social channels until Square Enix announces the results. If entries are found to be posted before the list of winners are announced, the entry may be disqualified.
How to Use the Entry Submission Form
Step 1: Log into the form.
Visit the Entry Submission Form and log in with your Square Enix Account.
Step 2: Enter the required information.
After you have logged in, the entry submission form will be displayed. Fill out all the required information.
Step 3: Upload your images.
Submit your images via the image upload feature.
You can either drag and drop your image into the area indicated by ①, or you can choose the “Select files to upload.” button to browse and select an image file on your computer. You’ll be able to confirm the images you’ve selected in the area indicated by ②.
Once you’ve filled out the required information and finished uploading your images, select “Proceed to Confirmation” to proceed.
Step 4: Confirm the details of your submission.
On this screen, you can confirm the information you’ve entered. Make sure there are no errors in the submitted information and select Submit Entry to proceed if there are no errors. If you would like to edit your submitted information, select Edit Entry.
Once you finish submitting your entry, the following screen will be displayed.
You can log back in to see if your entry has been submitted. If you would like to submit additional entries, proceed to the entry submission form again.
FURNISHING DESIGN CONTEST 2019 (THE “PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES
A. Official Rules: The Official Rules for this Promotion consist of both (i) these key rules summarizing the important rules for participating in the Promotion (the “Key Rules”) and (ii) the Additional Promotion Official Rules (“Additional Rules”) applicable to your place of legal residence. Please review the Additional Rules at the following URL:
- For legal residents of any Promotion Jurisdiction (defined below) located in North America, Central America, South America, or the Caribbean: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/documents/promotion-additional-rules.
- For legal residents of any Promotion Jurisdiction located in Europe, Africa, Asia, or Oceania: https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/documents/promotion-additional-rules.
B. Territories: This Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically and permanently located in one of the following countries/territories at the date and time of entry (the “Promotion Jurisdiction”):
- The fifty (50) states of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam (Nr. Sri Lanka), Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories (South Indian Ocean), Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic Of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives (Sri Lanka), Malta, Mauritania (West Africa), Mauritius, Mayotte, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia (Australasia), New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Réunion (S. Africa), Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Helena, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, United Republic Of Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Yemen, Zambia.
C. Age Limit: This Promotion is open only to individuals 13 years of age or older at the date and time of entry.
D. Entry Period: You may enter the Promotion only between September 5, 2019 at 3:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) and October 7, 2019 at 7:59 a.m. (Pacific Time) (the “Entry Period”).
E. Entry Procedure and Limitations: In order to enter the Promotion, you must complete the following steps during the Entry Period:
- You must have and maintain your own active FINAL FANTASY XIV (the “Game”) Square Enix account.
- Create images (either physical or digital) of a furnishing item that you would like for your house, consisting of three (3) images – the front design, the side design, and the back design (the “Furnishing”). The Furnishing cannot be any of the following: roofs, roof decorations, exterior walls, exterior wall decorations, windows, doors, placards, and fences.
- If you create a physical image of the Furnishing (e.g. on paper), you must create a digital image of that physical image of the Furnishing in order to submit it.
- Digital images of the Furnishing must be either .jpg or .png format (files up to 3MB allowed) and must be high resolution (300 dpi preferred). Entrants may use image editing software to alter, enhance or otherwise style their entries.
- Please note that all entries must be the sole original creative work of the person submitting the entry. You may not submit works created by another person (in whole or in part).
- Visit the Entry Submission Form page and log in with your Square Enix Account.
- Submit your entry at the Entry Submission Form page and include the following information:
- Your character name and world (this is the character that would be receiving the in-game prize should you be chosen as a winner), the Lodestone URL that points to the character associated with your Entry, your nickname, your entry title, your Furnishing (uploaded via the Entry Submission Form), and a brief comment about your entry (collectively an “Entry”).
- Optionally, you may provide the following information regarding your design of your Furnishing:
- Item category name (tabletop, rug, wall-mounted, etc.)
- Material (e.g. wood, cloth, leather, etc.)
- Dyeable elements
- Character size comparisons
- Other information such as what effects the Furnishing may have or colors of light it produces, etc.
- Item category name (tabletop, rug, wall-mounted, etc.)
Additional Entry Limitations:
- You must not include any additional personal information in your Entry.
- Entries may not be edited after submission.
- You may submit multiple Entries. However, each Entry must be unique and submitted separately.
- You must refrain from posting your Entries on blogs or other social channels until Sponsor announces the results. If your Entries are found to be posted before the list of winners are announced, your Entry may be disqualified.
F. Winner Selection: The Sponsor (listed below), or Sponsor’s designee, shall select the top one hundred (100) entries using the following methodology:
The Sponsor’s Development and Operations teams shall select winners based on the (i) technical quality of the Furnishing, (ii) originality of the Furnishing, (iii) and creativity of the Furnishing.
G. Prize(s): Each winner shall receive One (1) Modern Catalogue - Strife (an in-game Final Fantasy XIV item with no monetary value). The prize will be delivered to the character specified during the submission process. Prizes will be delivered in December 2019.
If an Entry is deemed to be excellent by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor may decide to implement it into the Game in the future. In such cases, the development team may make adjustments to the design or features of the item. Note that there is no guarantee that winning entries will be implemented into the Game. Entries that did not win may also be selected for implementation into the Game in the future.
H. Winner Notification: Sponsor, or Sponsor’s designee, will notify winners by or about November 6, 2019 via a Lodestone website announcement.
I. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Promotion is Square Enix, Inc.
J. Sponsor Ownership of Entries: All Entries and other materials (the “Entry Materials”) (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any contestant. In consideration of our acceptance and review of your Entry Materials into the Promotion, you hereby assign to Sponsor absolutely all right, title and interest for the full duration of copyright in and to the Entry Materials throughout the world. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of the Entry Materials, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsor’s ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Entry Materials may be used by contestants only for purposes of the Promotion or for private, personal, non-public viewing. Entry Materials received by Sponsor may be destroyed by Sponsor at any time following the Promotion.
K. Other Details: Prizes will be distributed via the in-game Moogle delivery service (which may be subject to change at the Sponsor's discretion). Please note that this is a virtual prize with no monetary value and cannot be sold or transferred.
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound and abide by these Key Rules and the Additional Rules applicable to your place of legal residence, and you represent that you satisfy all eligibility requirements to enter the Promotion.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE LEGALLY ACQUIRED ACCESS TO FINAL FANTASY XIV PRIOR TO THE LAUNCH OF THE PROMOTION.
KEY RULES POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 5, 2019.