This section will explain how to install FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, as well as how to create your character and begin the game.
1.Starting the Game
2.Create Your Character
This section will explain how to create your character.
Moving the left or right analog stick will rotate the camera. You can also zoom in and out by holding down L1 and moving the right analog stick up and down.
The following controls can be used to manipulate the character creation screen.
- 1. Change background image.
- 2. Change character gear.
Race Displays default race gear. Job Displays job-specific gear. (Available only after selecting a class) Smallclothes Displays undergarments. (i.e., no gear equipped)
- 3. Toggle between standing and unique character poses.
- 4. Return to the character selection screen. Current character progress will be lost.
* Starting STR, DEX, VIT, INT, MND, and PIE attributes will differ depending on your race and clan. However, gender has no effect on starting attributes.
* Starting elemental resistance will differ slightly depending on your patron deity.
In FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, a character's class is determined by the weapon or tool they have equipped. Furthermore, a character's starting city will be determined by their starting class, as no starting city houses all class guilds.
The World that your character will inhabit can be chosen during the character creation process. Once selected, your World cannot be changed. Worlds are divided into two different groups based on the location of their servers. To ensure you encounter the fewest number of latency issues, it is recommended, but not required, that you select the group that is closer to where you will be playing. Your connection to each group can be confirmed at the top right of the screen.
Group JP is recommended for players residing in or near Japan.
Group NA/EU is recommended for players residing in North America and Europe.
Also, your character's World can be confirmed by referring to the Character Selection screen or the "Welcome to [World name]!" message that is displayed upon logging into the game.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has been divided into several Worlds.
Players can enjoy the same story and game content regardless of which World they choose to play on. However, it is not possible to play with players from different Worlds.
To play together with friends, please make sure to create characters on the same World.
Once you've selected a World for your character, you cannot freely change to another.
Players on both the Windows and PlayStation®3 platforms share the same Worlds.
* Players on different Worlds may be matched together when using the duty finder.
An optional World transfer service is scheduled to be added.
To make use of the World transfer service once it's available, please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
Forenames and surnames are restricted to 15 characters or less, with a combined limit of 20 characters.
* No two players on the same World may have the same forename and surname.
* Players who cannot decide on a name may choose to have a name randomly generated based on their clan and gender. You are free to change the randomly generated name if you desire.
Any pre-existing characters from Version 1.0 will be present on the character selection screen. The names of characters transferred from Version 1.0 will remain unchanged regardless of length.
Players can save the appearance of their characters and reuse them when creating additional characters.